Château des Tesnières was built in the 1860ies by count Ferdinand de Langle and his brother Alphonse. Ever since 1697 their family was the owner of the Tesnières area with its old manor house. The estate was vast with many farm houses, a coach house, stables, a gate house and a forest. After the construction of the château, the manor house was demolished and its remains were used to build the outbuildings.
Alphonse married Marie de Rancher and they had two sons, Yves and Henri. Yves inherited the estate and married Berthe Caillebot de la Salle. They got three sons, but entered a very sad period for the family. Berthe died at the age of 40 and two of their three sons got killed during the first World War.
So their youngest son Pierre inherited the estate and married Magdeleine Barbier de Lescoët. After WWII they moved to Rennes with their eight children. Château des Tesnières was neglected for a long time and the heirs had no other option than sell the house after their parents death to Mr and Mrs Carret from Paris (1976). They restored the very ruinous house.
After their death the château was bought by John and Siebren Demandt Boon from Amsterdam who transformed it into a luxury B&B.
The operation of the Château des Tesnières is provided by the private company SARL Les Tesnières , Château des Tesnières , 35370 Torcé , France , capital of 138,000 euros , No TVA ( VAT nr) FR 25.452.041.312 , SIRET 452 041 312 0001 1 , APE 552E
Château des Tesnières ® 2003-2014 . The use of our texts and photos without prior permission is not permitted. All rights reserved . Please read our terms and conditions before booking through. By booking, you automatically accept our terms and conditions. Chateau des Tesnières reserves the right to change conditions.